Family Law
Protecting Your Family's Interests for Over a Decade Get an initial Consultation

Dallas Modifications Lawyers

Need to Modify a Court Order in Dallas, Collin County, Denton County, or Tarrant County?

During your family law case, the court will impose orders for such issues as child support, child custody and visitation, and spousal maintenance (alimony). These court orders are legally binding. However, even family court judges know that not everyone’s circumstances will remain the same as the months and years pass by. A court order that was issued earlier may no longer be viable years later, making it difficult for you to comply. Non-compliance with court orders can have harsh consequences which is why seeking a modification to the order should be done. 

At Connatser Family Law, we can help if you can no longer meet the terms of a family court order due to substantial changes in your life or that of your child. Our team can assist in helping you petition the court for a modification and present the necessary evidence to support your claim. We also represent those contesting such modifications. For example, when a parent wishes to move away and relocate with a shared child, the other parent may not agree. Regardless of the issue or what side you are on, you can turn to us for the guidance and representation you need to fight for your desired outcome.

Want to modify a court order? Contact Connatser Family Law online or call us at (214) 617-1583 to schedule a consultation with one of our Dallas modification attorneys.

Modifications of Court Orders in Texas

To secure a modification of any court order, you must prove to the court that your circumstances or those of your child have “materially and substantially” changed. 

These changes may include but are not limited to:

  • Job loss
  • Getting a new job
  • An adjustment in your salary or pay
  • Remarriage
  • Changes in your work schedule
  • Illness or disability
  • Relocation
  • Your child has graduated
  • Special needs of your child
  • Conflicts between a child and his or her parent or stepparent
  • Failure to comply with a child custody order

You and the other party may have already agreed to and implemented the necessary changes. However, verbal agreements are not enforceable. You must go through the courts to obtain the modification so that it is legally binding. The most common type of modification is that of child support. These are usually based on income fluctuations for parents. 

In cases where especially egregious parenting problems have arisen that would put a child at risk, a modification can restrict or even terminate that parent’s rights to his or her child. These cases typically involve domestic violence, substance abuse, criminal activity, or child abuse or neglect. 

Let Us Handle Your Modification Case in Court

If your circumstances have significantly changed, you can discuss your needs with one of our capable attorneys. We can determine whether you qualify for a modification and, if so, get the legal process underway. Our team can provide diligent and court-tested legal service to help you in moving forward with court orders that fully reflect your current situation. 

Our job is to solve problems. That may involve going to court, reaching a settlement, or taking a more patient approach. All of these strategies can resolve a dispute on terms favorable to the client.

Contact us for a

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy